Saturday, December 29, 2012

The road taken...

There is a road that reminds me of you
A buzzing place teeming with throngs of people
The road were we found each other in the middle of the crowd

There is a road that takes me back in time
The bright blinding lights that would gradually give way to the certainty of silhouettes
When I saw myself a little more clearly

We thought that road held promises of spring flowers
But reached a little too late...
Our wheels crunched through dried autumn leaves

That road that seemed endless, a new route to existence
Yet ended abruptly as we turned the corner
No detour in sight

Today I went down that old familiar road
A road that stands for me and you
A road that we have traveled together many a time

Today I passed the known sights, the familiar lights, the predictable turns
And realized they have all become strangers.
And I've lost my way.



No comments: