Friday, August 10, 2018

Boomerang



Coming back home is like traveling in a time machine.

Does it happen to others as well? I guess it does. 

I step into my room, and I’m transported to 1999. 2000. 

It’s like the there is a whole other me just sitting in that room, waiting. To greet the older me, to remind her of who she used to be.

All the old memories, the old feelings, the dreams - it all comes rushing back. So visceral that I can feel it like it’s part of my present. I can taste those moments on the tip of my tongue, my fingers.

Like time has just stopped, waiting for me to catch up instead of the other way round. 

And my room, the smell, the photographs, the hidden mementos tucked away at the back of a locked up drawer with its rusty hidden key are all waiting alongside.

And I’m back again.

In that life, in that love, in that space between staying young and growing up, innocence and heartbreak, moving on and forever staying still. 

 Almost like I am still that silly, naive girl. Like I never really left. 

No comments: