Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Tempest

Thunderstorms, sleets of rain
Drenching us, driving into our eyes
Till all we can see is each other
And that's all we need to see

Flashes of lightning
Casting crazy shapes on the wall
And we watch our silhouettes
Our entwined fingers making shadow puppets

Rumbles in the distance
Drowning out our whispers
I'm not afraid, but I pretend to be
So that I can hold you closer

The curtains flutter, matching my erratic heartbeats
The water traces patterns on the sill
As I breathe in the smell of rain-soaked earth
And it mingles with senses that are filled with you

Wipe the fog from the windowpane
See the waterlogged streets below
I complain, but secretly it makes me happy
Now you're stuck inside, with me, a little longer

I need to steal a few more moments with you
To be able to hold your hand, snuggle - and just talk
To be able to do ordinary, everyday, but for us, impossible things
Just let it rain

3 comments:

P. said...

Cannot stop reading this. Rains are magic. Rains are love.

Drama Queen said...

Thank you :)

I HEARD YOU said...

good one :)