Thursday, July 4, 2013

Physics 101

Conservation of Momentum: The total momentum in a closed or isolated system remains constant.

The momentum of my heart, when we are alone, remains the same. It keeps missing a beat. 


First Law of Motion: An object at rest remains at rest unless acted upon by a force. An object in motion remains in motion, and at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

Life was predictable. And static. And then I was swept away.


Third Law of Motion: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction to that of the first body.

Resistance. And attraction. You pushed my boundaries. And pulled me in. 


Law of universal gravitation: Every point mass in the universe attracts every other point mass with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.

We clicked. The attraction I experience is in a natural consequence of the person I’ve discovered you to be. The ease I feel with you is inversely proportional to the distance I insist on keeping with others.