Friday, November 9, 2012

Comfortably numb


And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Nietzsche 

I say there's something wrong with us
You call me a drama queen

I fight so that I can get a reaction
You think I'm a nag

I desperately search for some passion
You complain I live in a dream world

I say, let's travel, see the world
You say my priorities are mixed up

I feel scared that we are running out of time to live
You act like we have all the time in the world

I dance like a maniac, laugh with abandon
I see you wondering why I'm not ladylike

I live for myself - to hell with conventions
You keep worrying - "What will people think"

I struggle each day to feel alive and free
You go through your moments not reacting nor expressing

Until, finally, we just let each other be...

No comments: