Friday, March 4, 2011


If I were to be truly loved...


I would like to be turned into poetry

With cadence, lyricism, a lilt

A poetry the burns the soul, fires up your passion

That leaves you gasping for breath

If you try to read it out loud


That makes you think

“Oh! This is exactly what I feel..”


I would like to be turned into a fairy tale

Where I'll take the proffered poisoned apple

And confidently wait for a happy ending.,

that leaves you smiling

at its childish naivete


That makes you say

There is a silver lining in everything



I would like to be turned into a love letter

An outpouring of the unreasonable heart, holding nothing back

That is silly, immature but true to feelings

That reminds you of the ebb and flow of those first moments

That you secretly preserve - to read over and over again


That makes you wish

That you were the thought behind those words



I would like to be turned into a symphony

To be played, hummed, experienced

That rises into a crescendo

And you feel your heart erratically beating to its tune

As you close your eyes and surrender to its rhythm


That makes you dance

In some frenzied, endless harmony



I would like to be the graffiti on the wall

The loud, bold lines

The spray of colour, of chaos

That breaks the monotony of a dull city wall

The beautiful side of a rebellion


That makes your fingers itch

To leave your mark on the world



But I haven’t found a writer who can read between the lines

Take my garbled jumbled self

And make sense out of my words

I haven’t found someone who can make music

Who can take the jarring sounds in my head

And put it in order – a melody


So I remain

Just a cacophony of unsaid words

Unexpressed desires

A staid, stoic prose with a predictable ending

That will burn itself out

And the page will be turned...

No comments: